Friday, August 30, 2013

Last Fling of Summer...Probably :)

I start to work at a job outside my home next week and today was the "last" day I would have with just me and the boys.  So I asked my husband, got the approval and planned a last fun fling of summer with the boys! :) 
The day has been almost perfect...if Donnie could have been with us...it would have been.  But he had to work.
Up early, shower, wash hair and get ready to go have coffee with my friend.  We had a great time talking...like we always do...encouraging, praying, and just being friends.  It is rare when you find the kind of person that you can just totally be yourself with and know they are going to love you anyway :)  And I am thankful for her!
So after conversation, Mocha Bianca and a blueberry muffin we split, I headed up to the hospital to get my TB test read.  It was fine!   Not that I thought I had TB...it was for the job.  But still...isn't it good to know you DON'T have TB?  
Came home and Jamie's new mattress and box springs had been delivered and we put sheets on it and all three of us tried it out.  Man, he is going to sleep good from now on!   It makes me feel good that we were finally able to get him a good mattress set.  Which, by the way, if you are looking ...Honest John's in Spindale/Forest City is a good place to go.
Got our hiking shoes on, grabbed some waters and a bag of cheese puffs and off to our adventure.  
I used the GPS which would not give me the exact street number of Pearson Falls.  So I just settled for the road.  The road....is long...and graveled...and beautiful.  I am so glad that we went that way.  Would not have traded it (except going by a remotely placed sewage plant halfway down the road) for any other road.  We reached Pearson Falls and parked.
We had our cheese puffs and drink at the covered stone pavilion before starting our hike.  I love Pearson Falls.  Jamie could not really remember having been there and Eli has never been there.  It is a great hike.  Under a mile...good paths.  










About half way up we found a buckeye for each boy...good luck, you know.  Eli made up his own song about how it was his luckiest day.  It was a funny, funny song! 
We rested in God's creation, praising Him, and thanking Him for the beauty He created.  The rains we have been having made the waterfalls incredible!!!   It was just an awesome "end" to summer.  
After our hike, we made our way to Side Street Pizza where we enjoyed some delicious pizza.  Jamie ordered an Italian Creme Vanilla Soda and let me try it.  It was really good!
Then we headed home.  I am making a resolution to once a month (at least) get out and do something like this with my boys (and hopefully, my man if I can get him away from work and hunting).  It rejuvenates my mind, my spirit, and my body.  
Today I heard the whisper of God in the torrential roar of a waterfall and in the happy voices of my family and in the wiggly muscles in my legs.  Thank You, Lord.  I am ready. :) 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam! I love that your son made up a song about the day! You are sure you have a hit on your hands, when there is singing :)

    Thank you for all the photos of the kids and family. So precious. And you hear the Lord in nature. Sounds like perfection.

    Happy Weekend, and blessings on the new job,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

A Different Field

I haven't been posting on this blog for several months. It has been a hard season but God is faithful. My first post back is not even ...