Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Time

Today seemed like a busy day for me although in reality I only had a few things on my to do list that absolutely HAD to get done today. My son on the other hand had an extremely busy day today.
 Maybe my tiredness is just from thinking of all HE had to do.
 Some days the pollen and ragweed are floating around in the air or whatever they do and cause me to feel yucky. It just drains the energy from me. Or I think of all I need to do...or all I needed to do and did not get done...then it seems that there just isn't enough time.
 I like hearing the stories of my friends who have gone to Honduras on mission trips. They say that time is different there. And this past Sunday ...we had a group from Zambia , Africa at church ...they, too, mentioned a different viewpoint on time. I could sit and yearn for those freer time constraints. Or I can decide that I can make the most of each minute I am given. Whether it be listening more intently to who I am with, or trying to slow down and prioritize what is important and what is not (and that is not always clear)...God gives each of us a certain amount of time. I am responsible for being a good steward of the time He has given me.
One thing I know...God is in control of the times of my life.  He knows what season of life it is for me.  He knows what is truth.  He is in control.  I can trust Him with the times of my life...I can trust Him in the good and in the bad, in the smooth and in the difficult, in the happy and in the sad.  I can trust Him.  What peace!  What peace!!

The times of life are in His hand and when I recognize that, I can be at peace.  Read these lyrics...aren't they beautiful?  There is a clip of someone singing this at the end of this post.  I hope you enjoy it.

                         In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilledf, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;

From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.

No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.


Daniel 2:19-22  "Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said:

“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
    wisdom and power are His.
 He changes times and seasons;
    He deposes kings and raises up others.
He gives wisdom to the wise
    and knowledge to the discerning.
 He reveals deep and hidden things;
    He knows what lies in darkness,
    and light dwells with Him."






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

A Different Field

I haven't been posting on this blog for several months. It has been a hard season but God is faithful. My first post back is not even ...