Monday, July 8, 2013

Trimming Back

Sometimes things are precious to us...even though it is just a thing. I had a tulip tree that started off as a plant sent when my MawMaw died.  I planted it ( I do not have a history of having a green thumb) and surprise!  It thrived!  I always say it is because it has something to do with MawMaw (she did have a green thumb!).  However, this past fall  my husband came in from cutting grass and doing yard work and stated that he had "trimmed it".  I ran out, fearful.  He had cut it back to the ground!  I was so upset!  I had to really pray because it had sentimental meaning for me...after praying I realized that MawMaw was still in the hands of God and if I didn't have the beautiful tulip tree bush that reminded me of her everyday, I still had my memories.  This summer, my husband took me outside and showed me the bush.  It is blooming even prettier than before since his "trimming" it.
I think that is how it is when we let God trim back "things" from our life in their importance.  When we focus on Him, life gets even more beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

A Different Field

I haven't been posting on this blog for several months. It has been a hard season but God is faithful. My first post back is not even ...