Sunday, July 7, 2013

At Colossae

Today we were reviewing some Scripture we are working on together as a family to memorize.  When we started this project I was not sure how much my 5 year old would be able to take in and remember.  As it was Daddy's turn to recite, he got to a part where he paused, trying to remember what words came next. From the floor playing Legos  came E.'s sweet little voice..."At Colossae".  

We all cheered for him.  I think it may have actually embarrassed him a little bit.  But we were just surprised that he could remember a word he doesn't really know and where it fits into the verse! 

I am excited in seeing how the Lord works in the lives of my children!  And others' as well!  That is why I love to read books and blogs about what God is doing or has done in the lives of others.  And our pastor preached on this tonight!  Being thankful for what the Lord is doing in the lives of others.  

This has really been made real to me in the past few weeks.  It can become a big part of granting forgiveness when you are praying for someone who has wronged you, and praying for the Lord to move in that person's heart, and for God to speak to that person clearly and to draw that person to Himself so that His Name would be glorified in some wonderful, unknown way.  

My eldest is in a Bible study at church based on the book Gods At War by Kyle Eidleman (sp).  I picked it up and read a few chapters and it has some good points to think about.  For me to think about.  Points like :  What things upset you the most?  Look at those things and ask why they upset you?  Then see if it is related to putting something ahead of the Lord as God.  

 I am the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
 You shall have no other gods before Me or besides Me.   Deuteronomy 5:6,7

These words speak of having other gods before the Lord God Jehovah.  The way that Kyle writes is that we all worship something.  If it is the Lord God, we are serving Him.  If it is money, we are serving it.  If it is power, we are serving it.  If it is making sure things go the way we want them to go, we are worshipping ourselves.  

I heard God's whisper in the words of Scripture being spoken by a child and in the words of Scripture being uttered by our pastor and in the words of Scripture being written by an author today.  Where did you hear God today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

A Different Field

I haven't been posting on this blog for several months. It has been a hard season but God is faithful. My first post back is not even ...