Saturday, January 23, 2021

The Time In Between


Written 12-27-2011. Scriptures. I Corinthians 11:5, 14:34-35, Luke 12:40 Yesterday I wrote about not having to wait on our Messiah and that He is here now. That is not to say we do not have to wait to see how He will answer prayers or work in a life. The Bible is filled with passages about waiting. He does not make us wait for salvation at all, but we may be required to wait for other things...like a husband to get rested and have a chance to pray and study a Scripture before discussing it...or wait to have time to assemble and install a new printer...or wait for a son to grow strong in body before I can ask for help in moving heavy objects around the house :). I would never ask my youngest son to move a bed. I know he is not ready. I would never ask my mom to install a printer for me because she is not ready technologically to do that. I should not ask my 15 year old son to understand how everything in life works simply because he looks like a man...he hasn't lived enough or had enough experience to know how to do certain things ...like prepare a resume or keep a checkbook. Althouh he will be learning those things soon. So why should I ask my husband over and over again for answers on spiritual matters (we know the word for that...the dreaded "N" word) when he simply is not ready yet? It doesn't mean he is not leading me. In fact, it means he does not want to discuss it before he is ready because he does not want to lead me in the wrong direction. And look! The joy I have found now in waiting on the Lord by waiting for Him to speak to my husband. I can continue to study and pray about it myself and then perhaps what my husband says will be a confirmation of what the Holy Spirit shows me...and my faith will grow. Waiting isn't always a bad thing although it can feel difficult. But again there is no time to wait to accept Jesus as Savior because we do not know when our lives will be required of us. "Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of Man cometh at an hour when ye think not." Luke 12:40 Psalm 37:5. "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." When I am waiting on my husband, I am waiting on the Lord. Therefore, I do not have to become impatient or controlling or angry. I can trust in the Lord and know that He will provide what I need to know when I need to know it and I can rest in that. Ecc.3:1,2. "To every thing there is a seaon, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted." What are we doing between these times? We are waiting. Waiting to harvest. Waiting to plant again. The ttime in between is that time that the Lord can teach us to rest patiently in Him. I'm not going to fight Him on that :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

A Different Field

I haven't been posting on this blog for several months. It has been a hard season but God is faithful. My first post back is not even ...