Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mason Jar of Mimosa


Letting others know that  you love them can be difficult sometimes.  It is easy to say the words...but difficult to show it.

My husband came in from mowing the lawn today with a Mason jar full of all colors of flowers and greenery.  It was a beautiful arrangement.  I was shocked!  To be honest, he never brings me flowers.  But today he said he noticed two different flowers in the yard in addition to the tiger lilies, the iris and the tulip tree.  One he did not pick because it was just too pretty and it is the first time it has grown in the yard.  It cropped up right along side my irises.  I have not planted any other kind of flower there.  But it truly is beautiful.  The other I had never seen.  He said it came from a weed tree but that it was so pretty and it smelled so good that he included it in the bouquet.  It is, he thinks, a mimosa flower.  It smells delicious.


The flowers were beautiful but the words he said to me were even more beautiful...and both were balm for my soul and brought me great joy.  I said I was shocked because he never does things like this.  But today he knew that I needed to see his love for me in a different way than he usually expresses it.  Today the flowers were there for him to see, to think of me, and to give.

Today I heard the whisper of God in the surprise of genuine love, in the aroma of the flowers, in the vibrant colors and in the provision of it all and in the act of my husband listening and knowing what I needed.  Where did you hear the whisper today?

Matthew 6:28-30   Jesus said....

"Learn how the wildflowers of the field grow: they don’t labor or spin thread.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was adorned like one of these!  If that’s how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and thrown into the furnace tomorrow, won’t He do much more for you—you of little faith?"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

A Different Field

I haven't been posting on this blog for several months. It has been a hard season but God is faithful. My first post back is not even ...