Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Surprises To and From



Earlier this month I was motivated by a co-worker to try each day to do random acts of kindness.  I have done these before but after a while I forget and go back to my regular daily way of life.  But I have found that God loves to do random acts of kindness through us.  Not only the recipient get blessed but the giver also is blessed.

What tickled me is that every time I give, God gives back to me.  It isn't some "secret formula".  It isn't karma.  It isn't a superstition.  It is a gift.  God knows me and He knows what things make me happy and He loves me.  I love Him and I know the things that make Him happy.  My worship is my gift to Him.

Just in thinking about it He has sent me 5 minutes of snow on a day I needed snow and it was not expected.  He sent me knowledge that I needed and did not even know I needed until I received it.  He sent me answers to prayers that have been prayed for years.  He sent me a beautiful wreath in purples that reminds me of His Majesty as King of my life.

Today is the story of the wreath.  I decided to get into deco mesh.  I made a few simple wreaths but as I tried to continue making these, I realized it was one of those things I am just not that good at.  So I decided to give my materials as well as one of the laughable wreaths I had attempted to make to a friend who IS good at making wreaths.   She surprised me with this beautiful wreath.
What struck me is how much my life with Jesus was like my experience with this wreath.  My own attempts were feeble and not beautiful.  But when my friend worked with the wreath she used elements I had tried to use and added her own skill and special touches to make it into something entirely different and beautiful.

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.” John 15:16

When Jesus washed me of my sins and saved me from the power of sin, He took my messy and ugly life and made something beautiful out of it.  

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come.” 2 Cor. 5:17

The beautiful purple colors remind me of the majesty of Jesus my King and the flowers remind me how He brings new life to those who trust Him to deliver them from the power of sin. 

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9

Today I heard the whisper of God in a beautiful purple wreath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

A Different Field

I haven't been posting on this blog for several months. It has been a hard season but God is faithful. My first post back is not even ...