Sunday, December 6, 2015

HIS VAST STRENGTH

Ephesians 6:1 "Finally be strengthened by the Lord in His vast strength."
In His vast strength...I have never had vast strength...never. Not as a little girl , being the last to be chosen for the kickball team. Not as the runner I wanted to be in college who could never find a running buddy who ran slow enough to keep up with me. Not when fighting off terror. Not when being disappointed, saddened, mournful...I have not been strong. But I do know that the Lord is strong. And it is in His strength that any thing worthy of the name "strong" has ever occurred in my life.
A failed marriage...you're so strong...no, I'm not. But Jesus is.
A child on an operating table...you're so strong...no, I'm not. But Jesus is.
Life as a single mom, hardship, loneliness...you're so strong...no, but Jesus is.
A baby....a blessing ....gone before I could hold her...strength? No, but Jesus gives it.
Sickness in my family...strong...not at all...but Jesus is vastly strong...VASTLY. I love that word....it implies an unknowing of the entire amount of strength that is available from the Lord for us.
How to get that strength is not an attainment, an achievement...it is a gift. Given by Jesus because you belong to Him and He loves you. And that relationship is a gift given once you ask Him to forgive you, to fill you, to let you serve Him, to be your Lord and Savior and King.
"FINALLY BE STRENGTHENED BY THE LORD IN HIS VAST STRENGTH." - Ephesians 6:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

A Different Field

I haven't been posting on this blog for several months. It has been a hard season but God is faithful. My first post back is not even ...